Intermediate / Senior Big Data Software Developer
AvidBeam is a leading provider of video technologies and solutions. Currently, there are open positions in Big Data Analytics team. Ideal candidate should have previous working experience with Hadoop, Spark, Amazon AWS, or similar cloud platform. As a Big Data Scientist, you will participate in the full development cycle of a Video Big Data analytics solution. Tasks include feature prototype, design, development, integration, and performance optimization of existing features on Hadoop or Spark.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills combined with astute observation and correlation finding between heterogeneous data structures.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in product development in an analytics environment.
- Strong academic background on computer science and technologies, include operating system, data structure & algorithm, distributed system, and parallelization techniques.
- Strong performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Solid programming skills in Java, Python, and C/C++.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database management systems.
- Experience with Hadoop MapReduce and YARN.
- Good knowledge of Cassandra, Hive, Mahout and Pig is required.
- Knowledge of ZooKeeper, Ambari and Spark is a plus.
- Strong Linux experience is required.
- Experience on multi-threaded programming, socket programming and JNI programming.
- Fast learner and strong interest in Big Data field.
- Experience with video/imaging tools such as ffmpeg and openCV is a plus.
- Master in computer science in related areas is a plus.
What We Offer
- A Dynamic Growing startup environment with lots of challenges and room to grow
- Hands on experience with a variety of software tools and technologies
- A heterogeneous environment of software, communications, and research engineers
- Corporate like ethics and code of conduct